600g beef mince
1 onion, finely chopped
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 egg, lightly whisked
½ cup dried breadcrumbs
4 slices (approx 50g) tasty cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
4 Golden bagels
4 small lettuce leaves
2 medium tomatoes, sliced
½ avocado, sliced
1. Place the mince in a bowl along with the onion, oregano, mustard, egg and breadcrumbs, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
2. Mix well and then shape into 4 patties.
3. Heat a frying over a medium heat, add a film of oil and cook patties for 5 minutes each side until well coloured and cooked through. Towards the end of cooking top each pattie with cheese.
4. Toast bagels until golden on each side. Place bagel bases on plates or a board and cover with lettuce and then pattie, tomato and avocado.
5. Serve with your favourite sauce.